The Sterling Multi Mixer was designed for heavy commercial use in mind. Options include three or five spindle models and your preference of type and number of agitators. These 120 volt mixers have a primarily stainless steel construction with an attractive brush finish. Your purchase includes a one year warranty on both parts and labor. Factory parts and service are available. This mixer is perfect for milk shakes, smoothies, hard ice cream, yogurts, gelatos and frozen custards. It's great for mixing in candy, flavorings, fruit or almost anything.
G U A R A N T E EYour MULTIMIXER is guaranteed for ONE YEAR from date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship only. This does not cover damages caused by negligence or abuse or by operation on other than 115 volt 60 cycle electric current. Any machine repaired or altered without our authorization will be subject to this guarantee. All warranty claims must go through STERLING MULTI PRODUCTS @ 800-323-8580 NOTE: Guarantee does not apply to normal wear of friction wheel or drive disc.
UNPACKING AND HANDLINGCAUTION: NEVER PICK UP THE MULTIMIXER BY THE SPINDLES The MULTIMIXER is packed in a heavy carton and marked to show upright position. Remove the 4 oz. bottle of special spindle oil packed with each MULTIMIXER. This oil should be used to lubricate the spindles only•as directed under "Preventive Maintenance". The MULTIMIXER packing is the result of much testing and development work. Your MULTIMIXER has been carefully tested before shipment and should reach you in perfect condition. IF DAMAGED, FILE CLAIM WITH CARRIER IMMEDIATELY. Keep packing case until inspection of MULTIMIXER is made Considerable damage may result from shipping the MULTIMIXER without the proper inner support. If your unit must be returned for repairs contact Sterling Multi-Products technical service department for instructions and packaging (1-800-323-8580).
OPERATION & STARTINGYour MULTIMIXER is equipped with an automatic starting switch which starts the motor as soon as a drink container is placed in position on any spindle. The motor continues to operate as long as there are containers on the machine and the switch shuts off the motor when the last drink is removed. If container is removed rapidly from the spindle when the drink is finished, very little of the drink will adhere to the agitator.
To properly mix a milk drink requires time. Let the drink run on the mixer until it is not only mixed, but has become creamy. This time element varies with the temperature and consistency of the drink and can be determined by trial.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCEOil spindles at 60 to 90 day inter vals. Apply approximately 20 drops of MULTIMIXER Spindle Oil through oiler on side of bearing housing. This amount of oil should be sufficient for most conditions. Should oil accumulate on spindle and spin off, maintain same interval but use less oil.
MAINTENANCE SUGGESTIONUnless the MULTIMIXER is damaged, do not attempt to make mechanical adjustments. The spindle drive discs are accurately machined and balanced. These discs will give long, satisfactory service. If the stainless steel spindle is accidently bent, a complete new assembly including drive disc, bearings, bearing housing, and agitators can be obtained from the factory. Because of the extremely high operating speed and the skill required in assembling and testing the spindle units, the spindles will only be sold in a complete factory-tested unit. This will ensure the customer of satisfactory performance of his MULTIMIXER.
If the motor continues to run after all cups are removed, the micro switch may be defective or the automatic mechanism may need adjusting. To adjust, simply bend the metal tab, which is immediately above the actuating pin of the micro switch, in such a manner that the motor will shut off before the ring comes to rest in front of the mixer.
If a spindle continues to turn after a cup is removed and the motor is still running, due to cups still being on other positions, check the spacing between the friction wheel and drive discs.
To adjust cuprest for cups slightly shorter, loosen mounting screw, (holding nut inside of skirt), move cuprests upward and tighten firmly.
When the friction wheel has become worn enough to cause the spindles to slow down due to slippage, some compensation can be made by adjusting the cuprests up to the maximum height that will allow the cup to go in place.
REMOVING CUP HOLDERS
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT EACH OPERATOR UNDERSTAND THIS PROCEDURE AS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE CUPHOLDER ANY OTHER WAY.
To replace the cover, align the formed flange at back of the cover into the embossed top of the backstand, Held firmly in this position the cover brought down in front, the spring clips fitted inside the top plate. A thin table knife or spatula can be used to start the cover over the top plate carrying around until the cover can be pushed in position.
When the cover is in position, the two small screws at back should be replaced.
MULTIMIXER SPINDLE ADJUSTMENT
2. To adjust spindles, first remove power cord from electrical outlet and then remove cover.
3. Each spindle assembly is secured to the machine by four slotted head screws. On machines equipped with the white nylon mounting brackets, loosen the two screws nearest the operator only. On machines equipped with the steel and rubber mounting brackets, loosen all four screws for each spindle. (Use a screwdriver that fits the screw slot properly.)
4. Adjust the spindle so that a 1/32" (.031") gauge will just fit between the small plastic drive disc and the large rubber - tired friction wheel, then tighten screws securely. After tightening, check to be sure that the adjustment did not change and that the linkage operates smoothly and without binding. Repeat for all spindles.
5. This is a good time to oil the spindles, allow 20 or so drops of Multimixer spindle oil to enter the oil cup on the side of each bearing housing. Use only the spindle oil that came with your MULTIMIXER, as this is specifically formulated oil for this application. (More oil may beordered from Sterling Multi-Products). 6. Replace cover and power cord.
CLEANING INSTRUCTION FOR MULTIMIXER
2. Wash spindles with soap and water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Never use a stream of water around the top of the spindles as they may introduce water into the spindle bearings causing the oil to run out and the bearings to bind or wear out. THIS WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
3. The bottom cup rest, the top cup holder, and the spindle housing can be cleaned with soap and water and a small brush. Care should be used to prevent water from getting into the bearings.
4. Sanitizing spindles.
A. Mixing sanitizing solution (Stera-Sheen green label, as manufactured by Purdy Products Wauconda, Illinois or equivalent) to a concentration of 2 ounces per 8 quar ts of lukewarm water (75°F) water. Do not use hot water. If an equivalent sanitizer is used, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
B. Entirely wipe all spindles with sanitizer using a sanitized towel.
C. Fill a clean shake cup with sanitizing solution 1/2" from the top lip and carefully place in position on each spindle. Allow to set for 2 MINUTES, remove cup and allow to air dry.
D. Sanitize the exterior of the mixer using a portion of the unused solution and a sanitized bowl.
REMOVING FRICTION WHEEL
This loosens the nut and when turned a few threads further loosens the collet on the motor shaft. Do not under any circumstances try to disassemble friction wheel by removing the screws holding the wheel puller collar. The friction wheel is made to exacting standards and cannot be removed by prying the edge.This will destroy the balance of the wheel.